IMPACTS OF PARENTS IN THEIR CHILDREN'S LIFE - Welcome to The Official Blog of Ikawo Emmanuel window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-47069959-5');

Get Recharged, Get Motivated. Here's For Motivational, Moral Talks, Facts, Puzzles And General Education

Friday 7 July 2017

IMPACTS OF PARENTS IN THEIR CHILDREN'S LIFE


 I just want to share this experience from my mother..
Today makes it 10 year ago when my mother called me and told me something that change my life forever.
07/07/2007. I was in secondary school just concluded my SSS 1 where I came first in Science (Lord's College). Our Physics Teacher was also our class teacher Mr Yusuf Opeloyeru gave us prizes for first (N750), second (N500) and third (N250). It's was a fulfilment after a strong battle with Oyeniran Daniel and I just got my first mobile phone a month before.
My mum said "I am proud of you my son, you will go many places and do many great things but note " Boys without vision run after girls but go after your dreams and the best of them all will be attracted to you". Don't run after women, run after your goals my son and become a great person in life. I couldn't go beyond primary school but I know you will become a doctor. I believe in you don't run after female because you cannot serve two masters. Boys that run after girls in early part of their lives end up having regrets. I don't want you to have any regrets. When you become someone, the best woman will be attracted to you. In fact you come across so many on your way up. Keep them as friends and never look down on anyone. I want you to know that your father and I love you so much. Go do exploits and Go succeed! ".
Wow.....
I was nonchalant and was just there nodding my head. Being a very stubborn boy, I decided I will do whatever I want and won't study Medicine when I am ready for the university. I was looking at becoming an Engineer so I worked hard in my Physics, Mathematics, Further Mathematics and Chemistry but WAEC dealt with me in Further Mathematics because of their Corruption and this led to me thinking of those statements from my Mother again. I was still stubborn so and because I only wanted to go to only University of Lagos as my only mentor was a first-class graduate of Chemical Engineering (Eze Collins) from same university and the people in my secondary were always complaining that University of Lagos is difficult to get admission into Medicine, I decided to choose Biochemistry in Unilag and Medicine and Surgery in Lagos State University (LASU) because I want my Mum dream to become a reality. I noticed that during those periods, my mum advises kept coming to my heart and my orientation changed. I went on to study Biochemistry in Lagos and also went for a second degree in Pharmacology and now getting ready for my Doctorate  degree I still live and feed on those words.
Parents have a great role to play in their children's life as they are the first line of contact to the world. I can boostly say today that 90% of what my Mum said in those statements are now REALITIES.
Alot of people fail in life because their foundation and background was not properly laid for success.
Parents encourage your wards and wards listen to your parents and your life will be beautiful.
I live a beautiful and fulfilled life.
You too can be the same.

To be continued.........

Thank You

No comments:

Post a Comment

See Also